The A4RC serves as a force to increase African-Americans’ entry into computing research careers, including the professoriate; support new faculty in maximizing their career potential; and produce a steady progression of role models for undergraduate students, indirectly increasing the participation of African-Americans in computing professions more generally.
The aim of the Alliance is broadening participation in computing by African-Americans. Our goals are to:
- Increase the diversity of computing graduates entering the workforce and faculty careers
- Increase the quality of computing programs at HBCUs
- Increase the ability of research universities to work effectively with diverse populations
- Increase the diversity of the professoriate and the ability of HBCUs to attract excellent faculty
- Create lasting partnerships between HBCUs and research universities
- Create partnerships with industry in support of the goals of broadening participation in computing